Workforce Training Program Manager
Feeding South Florida (FSF) is a member of the Feeding America (FA) network and the leading domestic hunger relief organization serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties. As the second largest food bank in the FA network, FSF is responsible for serving 25 percent of the state’s food insecure population. Pre-COVID, FSF was poised for industry-leading strategic and innovative growth. During the pandemic, FSF doubled its output of food from 61.5M pounds of food in FY19 to over 119M pounds in FY20. A four-star rated organization by Charity Navigator, FSF is one of the most efficient nonprofits nationally; over 98 percent of all donations are put back into the community.
FSF values service above all else. We’re looking for people who are committed to improving the lives of those around them. FSF “Friendly Food Bankers” embrace the enormity of our role in the community and know that serving others comes before any one individual. Friendly Food Bankers have compassion,
dedication, act with integrity and are committed to stewardship and inclusion.
Full medical, dental and vision insurance; contribute up to 3% match to a 401K after one year of service; 17 days paid time off; a diverse environment committed to representing those we serve; continuous learning opportunities; a high-performance culture that will help challenge and grow your skill set.
The Workforce Training Manger (WTM) will plan, coordinate, and manage the creation and delivery of high-quality , responsive training activities to support the programs and strategic goals of the organization and the families we serve. The role is highly collaborative with program teams and leadership of the organization.
- Ensure the workforce curriculums are executed under their appropriate department, liaising with subject matter experts in the organization to plan and coordinate instructional design of curriculum and materials for training individuals.
- Maintain oversight of the quality of consistency of curriculum and materials for training.
- Manage the scheduling, logistical planning, and preparation for training, including workshops and webinars with support from other departments.
- Maintain relationships with training partners in the community.
- Partner with department Directors to identify the role of training and learning activities to achieve goals, serving as trainer when necessary.
- Manage and coordinate the planning and development of print and online resources and tools to supplement training workshops and for self-study.
- Plan and implement professional development activities to enhance skills of trainers.
- Partner with our network and the community to communicate training programs and promote registration and participation.
- Create and manage an online library of resources and tools to support learning goals and meet client priorities.
- Evaluate training activities regularly and complete an annual assessment of the results of the training program.
- Work with department case managers to move students along a business path continuum and receive the support necessary for job placement and success.
- Participate in organizational planning and budgeting process and manage the program budget.
- Assist with timely and accurate reports including spreadsheets, presentations, and narratives, as needed.
- Assist management as necessary.
Hours of Operation: Although organization hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., this position is required to conduct visits when PAs distribute, which may include after hours and weekend work.
Environment: This position works in a typical office setting and in the community. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. Occasional work will occur in the warehouse or outside in inclement weather. The noise is the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in business, organizational behavior, or related field
- At least five (5) years of nonprofit, programmatic, or training experience
- At least three (3) years of management experience, responsible for motivating direct reports.
- Knowledge of instructional design and experience teaching adults is highly desirable
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish or English/Creole)
- Sensitivity to diverse populations with the ability to serve people in a compassionate, patient, friendly, and courteous manner, showing sincere interest in people’s concerns.
- Ability to clearly communicate and uphold policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, comfort and ability to speak publicly.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, volunteers, and agency personnel.
- Experience and comfort with training and teaching others.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and responsibilities, while simultaneously maintaining composure and ensuring excellent customer service.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
- Strong grammar, spelling, and math skills.
- Strong moral compass with ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Possession of a current and valid Florida’s driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
- Commitment to FSF’s vision, mission, values, and those we serve.