Mobile Market Coordinator
The Mobile Market Coordinator (MMC) is responsible for assisting in the coordination, planning, implementation, evaluation and expansion of Feeding South Florida’s Mini Mobile Farmacy (MMC). The MMC is a mini mobile grocery store that is a hybrid of donated items, farmers’ market for-sale items, educational unit, and food “farmacy” operating under the idea that food is medicine. The MMFC will work in the field to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the program during food distribution events. The ideal candidate has a customer service approach and demonstrates a genuine concern for people in need of assistance, can multi-task and takes initiative in project management.
- Oversees the MMC by providing food assistance to individuals and families; provides healthy recipes and assist in guiding nutritionally sound choices.
- Coordinates, implements and evaluates with feedback from internal and external stakeholders including community partners and donors regarding outcomes, schedule, program changes and site coordination.
- Coordinates with the Distribution Team for MMC product ordering and inventory reporting.
- Responsible for vetting potential distribution sites including logistic transportation accessibility, on-site support, necessary volunteer support, marketing materials and needs assessment.
- Ensures good communication with the team to maintain inventory, accounting and delivery schedules for MMC.
- Responsible for quality and food safety control at distribution events.
- Ensure necessary grant and demographic information is obtained and tracked from participating clients and then compiled in a timely and accurate manner for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Maintains positive relationships with clients, community partners, government agencies, and volunteers.
- Assist management, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, public policy or other related field.
- Minimum two years of customer service experience, working with at-risk populations.
- Minimum two year of program delivery and community building experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish). Must be fluent in Spanish (speaking, writing, translating).
- Sensitivity to diverse populations with sound judgment and the ability to serve people in a compassionate, patient, friendly, and courteous manner, showing sincere interest in people’s concerns.
- Strong moral compass with ability to exercise discretion, including a demonstrated impartiality to certain organizations, agencies, groups, or individuals.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while multiple deadlines and managing responsibilities, while simultaneously maintaining composure and ensuring excellent customer service.
- Ability and desire to take initiative.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, with comfort and ability to speak publicly and teach others.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong grammar, spelling, and math skills.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and good sense of humor.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
Hours of Operation: Although organization hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. After hours business work is required occasionally throughout the year, especially during peak times such as holiday seasons, growing seasons and disaster response.
Environment: This position works in a kitchen setting with long periods of standing, talking and/or visual concentration, and use of kitchen equipment that requires the highest levels of safety standards at all times. Occasional work will occur in the warehouse or outside in fields and warehouses in inclement weather. The noise is the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Travel: FSF serves four counties so there is often same-day travel between the counties, using a personal vehicle, and occasional out of town travel for meetings, conferences or special events.
OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and when lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, use two or more people to lift the load.