Director of Warehousing
The Director of Warehousing is responsible for the leadership of the warehousing team, by ensuring proper handling and storage of all food products during the shipping and receiving activities. This role also oversees the corrective and preventive maintenance of our warehousing facilities.
This position is a member of the leadership team, reports to the VP of Operations, works closely with the Director of Transportation, oversees 20+ direct reports and works closely with other departments such as distribution, food industry partnerships, network services and others.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of warehousing and facilities activities.
- Schedule warehouse staff to ensure operations are performed in a cost-efficient and safe manner.
- Responsible for monitoring productivity by analyzing and reporting operations KPIs.
- Ensure proper inspection, handling, storage, and shipping of produce, refrigerated, frozen and dry goods in accordance with OSHA, FA, AIB and other guidelines.
- Continuously improve our warehousing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) such as: product picking, shipping, receiving and put-away. Develop new SOPs as needed.
- Coordinate with Food Industry, Distribution, Transportation, and Inventory Control teams to optimize the warehouse’s capacity to exceed volume delivery goals.
- Ensure department operates within budget and work to reduce and control expenses.
- Maintain organizational compliance with OSHA, USDA, AIB, FA, Department of Health, food industry and other relevant licensing and permitting entities.
- Develop and implement HACCP plans to mitigate potential risk areas such as: product cross-contamination, sanitation, and waste management and pest control.
- Maintain a safe and clean warehouse environment in compliance with OSHA, local and state regulations. Enforce the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety best practices.
- Schedule preventive and corrective maintenance of building facilities and equipment.
- Provide mentorship, direction, and training to warehouse personnel as needed.
- Evaluate direct reports in accordance with company procedures.
- Live by, and promote organization vision, mission and values.
- Assist management as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; APICS certification preferred.
- Minimum ten years of warehousing experience, perishable/food warehousing preferred.
- Minimum five years of talent management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety programs,
- Strong computer proficiency including inventory control systems required (database management preferred, Primarius WMS experience a plus).
- High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and typing proficiency; high-level of Excel aptitude required with ability to create complex formulas and pivot tables.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and responsibilities, while maintaining composure and ensuring excellent customer service.
· Sensitivity to diverse populations with the ability to serve people in a compassionate, patient, friendly, and courteous manner, showing sincere interest in people’s concerns.
· Strong moral compass with ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, data-interpretation, planning, and problem-solving skills required.
- Experience with e-commerce order fulfillment strongly preferred.
- Able to develop, implement, and execute new initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills required.
- Commitment to the service of others while fully supporting the organization’s mission and values required.
- Must maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and a reliable, insured personal vehicle.