Children's Meals Coordinator
The primary objective of the Children's Meals Coordinator (CMC) is to support the Summer BreakSpot and Afterschool Meals programs run by Feeding South Florida (FSF) throughout Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. The CMC must be detail oriented, appreciate routine and have a strong inclination toward administrative work. The CMC will conduct monitoring site visits and ensure all assigned meal sites are operating in accordance with program regulations. The ideal candidate is energetic, hard-working, organized, is a master multi-tasker, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has a background in customer service/relationship management.
- Conduct monitoring visits of Feeding South Florida sponsored Summer BreakSpot and Afterschool Meal sites throughout Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties.
- Provide a corrective action plan (CAP) to sites not following SFSP/CACFP regulations and conduct site reviews to verify CAPs have been implemented.
- Accept and review daily paperwork from Summer BreakSpot and Afterschool Meal sites to ensure responsible stewardship.
- Recommend adjusts to daily meal count and/or service times.
- Ensure sites provide adequate supervision during meal service with accurate "Point of Service" meal counts.
- Maintain and submit daily reports and records including the daily meal count.
- Immediately report any changes in the number of meals required as attendance fluctuates.
- Report immediately any other problems regarding meal service.
- Liaise with the program caterer to ensure meal counts are correct and invoices reflect accurate meal counts.
- Abide by all SFSP/CACFP regulations and special instructions.
- Attend training sessions.
- Refuse to receive meals that are spoiled, frozen, damaged, or not within appropriate temperature ranges.
- Immediately notify Children’s Programs if any meal service times that need to be changed or are not being met.
- Immediately notify Children’s Programs if meals are not delivered at the scheduled times.
- Comply with civil rights laws and regulations.
- Assist management as necessary.
- High School Diploma (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- At least one summer experience administering the Summer BreakSpot Program
- Customer service/relationship management experience (Operations experience in addition to customer service is preferred)
- Positive attitude, energetic, good sense of humor – a “people person”
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to speak publicly
- Strong math skills
- Sensitivity to diverse populations with the ability to serve people in a compassionate, patient, friendly, and courteous manner, showing sincere interest in people’s concerns (Bi-lingual preferred)
- Ability to manage time efficiently, while under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to work productively without constant supervision.
- Experience and comfort with training and teaching others.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, including a demonstrated impartiality to certain organizations, agencies, groups, or individuals.
- Possession of a current and valid Florida’s driver’s license, and access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50 lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50 lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
- This position works in an office setting and in the field. There will be extended periods of lifting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration as well as car travel.
- After business hours work is occasionally required.
- Travel between tri-county areas using personal vehicle is required.
- Occasional same day, out of town travel for meeting, conferences and special events using personal vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
- Occasional overnight, out of town travel for meetings and conferences using public transportation is required.
- Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.